Chemical peeling is a medical technique that is applied to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, hands or even the neck or any part of the skin. Chemical peeling when done can greatly improve the skin ‘s texture and outlook.
This process when handled by the right professional provides great solutions, it involves applying a chemical solution to the skin. When this is done, it makes the skin to blister, and this makes the old skin to peel off on its own eventually. The new skin becomes smoother and radiating as against the old wrinkled one.
During the chemical peeling procedure, it is not unusual to feel a burning sensation that likely lasts 5-10 minutes, followed immediately by a sensation that is stinging in nature. Squeezing the skin a little in a cool way may ease it.
You may also need pain medication after the procedure.
1) Chemical peeling helps to smoothen dryness in the skin.
2) It helps with certain pigmentation issues.
3) It practically controls acnes.
4) It is used to remove most skin blemishes.
5) Recovery after this procedure doesn’t require a lot of time.
6) It undoes damages caused by sun burns.
7) It also decreases some mild blotch.
8) Creates fresh and younger looking appearance after application.
9) Makes facial lines appear less noticeable if it is not removed entirely.
10) The medium-depth chemical peeling reduces facial birthmarks.
11)Can remove pre-cancerous development in the skin.
12)Also has a Long-lasting effect when applied.
1) Stinging sensation may occur when applied initially.
2) Redness of the skin may also appear, particularly with the deep and medium peeling. The light peeling normally appears like a sunburn.
3) Patients may temporarily feel numb at the specific part applied.
4)You will also need to stay out of the sun for a while after the peeling as your skin is more sensitive to the sun at this stage.
Fair-skinned and light-haired patients are the preferred candidates for chemical peeling.
If you also have a darker skin, good results can be anticipated. However, you should note that you may have uneven skin tone after the chemical peeling procedure.
However, if you are having doubt on the type of chemical peeling to do, you should consult a dermatologic surgeon.