In case of upper arm tightening or brachioplasty, the upper arm is shaped by tightening sagging skin or removing fat. These procedures allow to eliminate the unsightly "bat wing" appearance under the arm. The unsightly relaxation of the upper arm extends from the elbow to the armpit area and results from weight loss or natural aging. By removing the excess skin your upper arm gets a tighter, smoother shape. Sometimes this procedure is used in combination with liposuction to achieve optimal results. Every year, thousands of people successfully undergo an upper arm lift and are very satisfied with the results.
How is an upper arm tightening performed?
1. Your surgeon will create marks on the elbows, arms and armpits. The location, length and direction of these cut lines is dictated by the type of brachioplasty that you are subjected to.
2. You will receive either an intravenous sedation with local anesthetic or general anesthetic, based on your surgeon's recommendation.
3. Your doctor will make the necessary incisions to remove excess skin and fat.
4. The incisions may extend completely within the armpit or, when extended downwards, on the inside of the arms, as concealed as possible in the most invisible places.
5. Your doctor may also use liposuction to remove excess fat.
6. After the incisions have been made, Dr Akhundov removes excess skin and fat and gives your arm a tighter and smoother contour.
7. Finally, the skin is smoothed over the new contour of the arm.
8. Your doctor will close the incisions so that the scars are minimized. Their sutures can be placed under the skin where they are gradually absorbed by the body.
9. A sterile bandage and a compression garment are put on and drains can be placed.
The goal of the Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon and the entire staff is to help you achieve the best results and make your experience with the Armlift OP as positive and comfortable as possible.
Copyright © 2018 All Rights Reserved.